Monday 12 August 2013

Sucre, Bolivia



I spent the first 6 weeks of my trip in Sucre, Bolivia, a beautiful colonial city set in the mountains. With 2 hours of Spanish lessons each morning and volunteering in a local orphanage with girls aged 6-13 in the afternoons, my time in Sucre went too quickly. Sucre is a hub for learning Spanish with lots of travellers staying for a couple of weeks or more so it was a great place to start off and meet people, some of which I hope to meet again along the way. I also had great kids at the orphanage, fantastic teachers at the NFP Fenix Spanish School and a lovely room in my hostal  La Dolce Vita (with yellow walls the colour of our kitchen at home) which all contributed to it being very hard to leave. And that's without even mentioning the amazing chocolate shop Para ti where I could get thick, delicious hot chocolate for less than 50p..
Traditional dress from Tarabuco

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Bolivian hot chocolate! They do it properly :-)
    Also loving that picture of you in the local garb - very nice!

    ReplyDelete